2. What personal information do we collect and how we will use it?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers;
- Business information, such as employer details and job title, particularly from our corporate customers;
- Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details;
- Purchase history, including activities on site (e.g. food purchases and Wi-Fi use) and the date(s) of your stay;
- Demographic information;
- Registration information, including your expressed preferences;
- Customer communication preferences;
- Customer feedback; and
- Computer or device information (e.g. your IP address and operating system).
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Administration and management of room and restaurant bookings
- Processing transactions;
- Administration of our Digital Channels, including in respect of our registered users, who may also store a personal identification number online to easily access and apply room preferences and personal details when booking.
- Administration and management of our competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of the competition, promotion or prize draw for further information;
- Sending you communications about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may also send you service information communications (e.g. reservation/booking confirmation Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting;
- Correspondence between us, including where you use our 'Contact us' form
3. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to (in so far this is in line with applicable local data protection laws):
- To service providers for the purposes outlined above;
- A buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and/or
- Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of processing your room booking), we put measures in place to keep your information secure.
Chelmsford Hotels Limited takes the security of any personal information we hold very seriously.
Where necessary, and in common with other websites and apps, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small "padlock" symbol in the status bar of your web browser. In addition, our web servers are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases by unauthorised users. All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
5. International transfers
6. Direct marketing
We would like to keep you informed of County Hotel Chelmsford news and offers by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means. If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out or change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
7. Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
You have the right at any time a request to have personal information that we hold from you be erased by contacting us.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us.
9. Contact us
Chelmsford Hotels Limited, County Hotel Chelmsford, Registered Office 29 Rainsford Road, Chelmsford, Essex. CM1 2PZ. Company Registration Number 00226009