What sort of people?
Passionate. Original. Daring. Flexible. Engaging. Curious. Unforgettable. Different. All about the Guest.
We want people who want to make a difference, who care about creating a guest experience that is as unique and memorable as the County Hotel, Chelmsford. We are always moving forward so look for people who are up for the challenge and willing to step outside their comfort zone.
A privately owned 4 Star City centre hotel; with 50 bedrooms, Rosette restaurant & large conference & banqueting facilities
The County Hotel, Chelmsford is a City centre hotel with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back leisure guests to busy executives. A strong ethos of customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel’s success in recent years.
Recent Awards & Recognition
We are proud to be awarded 4 Stars by The AA & Visit England.
Delighted to recently retained our AA rosette for dining culinary excellence & Breakfast Award from Visit England.
Gold award from The Green Tourism board for our Eco friendliness & systems
What we can offer you...
You will receive competitive remuneration, staff meals whilst on duty, membership of the staff and friends dining and accommodation scheme
How to apply
To apply for any position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Natasha Barbosa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duty Manager/Guest Services Manager
Salary depending on experience – based on 45 hours per week - 5 days out of 7
- Playing an active role in the operations management of the business at all times
- Ensuring 4 star service is delivered without fail
- Monitoring and acting on guest feedback, handling complaints and where possible intercepting problems before they become a complaint
- Ensuring team members are performing their role, providing assistance when required
- Planning well for all aspects of the business and being fully aware of forthcoming business
- The team of Duty Managers provide holiday cover for Night Porter shifts so occasional night shifts will be required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to engage with staff and guests alike
- Previous experience in a similar role in a high end 3 or 4 star hotel with strong F&B Background
- The ability to deliver a high level of guest care consistently
- Attention to detail, ensuring both the hotel and staff are well presented
- Experience using tills, Microsoft Office and Property Management Systems
- The ability to gauge and manage staff to guest ratios
- Good communication and coordination skills to ensure events and guests needs are met
Aim: We are looking to recruit a proactive Duty Manager to support all departments in delivering very high standards of guest service.
Chef de Partie
This is a full time, permanent, year-round role. Usual hours of work are 48 per week, shifts will mix from splits and straight, depending on business requirements. The County Hotel is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate CDP to work in our hotel brigade. Quality local produce, rotating table d’hote menus with a la carte options, events, weddings and conferences.
- Cooking to high standards for our TDH style and a la’ carte menus.
- Producing large volumes of food at a consistently high standard.
- Looking ahead at forecasted numbers and ensure your section is adequately prepared.
- Competently run a section of the kitchen with good working practices in wastage control.
- Assisting in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, demonstrating passion about developing new styles of service.
- Assisting with stock taking as and when required.
- Ensuring that all guests requests/food orders are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 1 or 2 Rosette restaurant
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Ideally have experience of working in a busy kitchen and potentially looking to progress to different sections in the future
£8.50 per hour
We are looking for enthusiastic, genuine, friendly people who strive to exceed expectations and deliver excellence in everything that they do.
We have an opportunity for you to join Maintenance Team as Painter / Decorator
You will become an integral member of the team to deliver excellence to all our valued customers in our hotel, through all areas of the hotel.
If you are flexible, well organised, possess excellent communication skills, can work on your own initiative as well as motivating others, have a genuine desire to work in the hospitality industry then apply online today.
Painter/Decorator key responsibilities :
- To assist the Maintenance Manager
- Hotel daily list,
- Daily walk of building.
- Report to Duty Manager/ General Manager
- Room checks 50 per month (check list).
- General Maintenance work i.e. painting.
- Attend morning meetings.
- Exterior of hotel daily.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly & Annual check on all product.
- To ensure that all painting jobs are completed to the Company Standard
- To ensure that all areas are left clean and tidy on completion of the job.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
- Observe all of the requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act (1989)
Casual Housekeeping/Room Assistant
We are looking for a Housekeeping/Room Assistant to service our hotel bedrooms and public areas.
Experience of cleaning or housekeeping positions is desirable. Shifts are 9am-2pm.
Candidates need to be flexible as the work will include weekends, school holidays etc.
Currently we require someone for covering staff holidays so the amount of shifts will vary week to week will the possibility of leading to a set weekly contract dependent on the candidate and needs of the business.
Food and Beverage Assistant
This role includes waiting on tables in the restaurant, corporate and banqueting functions and bar work.
Candidates will need excellent English, be well presented, hard working and have experience in bar/restaurant work.
You must be over the age of 18 for this role due to licensing laws.