What sort of people?
Passionate. Original. Daring. Flexible. Engaging. Curious. Unforgettable. Different. All about the Guest.
We want people who want to make a difference, who care about creating a guest experience that is as unique and memorable as the County Hotel, Chelmsford. We are always moving forward so look for people who are up for the challenge and willing to step outside their comfort zone.
A privately owned 4 Star City centre hotel; with 50 bedrooms, Rosette restaurant & large conference & banqueting facilities
The County Hotel, Chelmsford is a City centre hotel with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back leisure guests to busy executives. A strong ethos of customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel’s success in recent years.
Recent Awards & Recognition
We are proud to be awarded 4 Stars by The AA & Visit England.
Delighted to recently retained our AA rosette for dining culinary excellence & Breakfast Award from Visit England.
Gold award from The Green Tourism board for our Eco friendliness & systems
What we can offer you...
You will receive competitive remuneration, staff meals whilst on duty, membership of the staff and friends dining and accommodation scheme
How to apply
To apply for any position, please send your CV and a cover letter to Natasha Barbosa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Office Manager
Salary depending on experience – based on 45 hours per week - 5 days out of 7 including some weekend work
As Front Office Manager, you are responsible for directing and administering Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Achieving occupancy targets/levels as identified in the annual budget and marketing plan for Reservations. The Front Office Manager will work with the Sales and Events Teams to develop future and repeat business opportunities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
A Front Office Manager is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience with reservations in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Chef de Partie
This is a full time, permanent, year-round role. Usual hours of work are 48 per week, shifts will mix from splits and straight, depending on business requirements. The County Hotel is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate CDP to work in our hotel brigade. Quality local produce, rotating table d’hote menus with a la carte options, events, weddings and conferences.
- Cooking to high standards for our TDH style and a la’ carte menus.
- Producing large volumes of food at a consistently high standard.
- Looking ahead at forecasted numbers and ensure your section is adequately prepared.
- Competently run a section of the kitchen with good working practices in wastage control.
- Assisting in the development and planning of menus, including future food trends, demonstrating passion about developing new styles of service.
- Assisting with stock taking as and when required.
- Ensuring that all guests requests/food orders are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- To be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary
- Previous experience in a similar role in a 1 or 2 Rosette restaurant
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Ideally have experience of working in a busy kitchen and potentially looking to progress to different sections in the future
Casual Housekeeping/Room Assistant
We are looking for a Housekeeping/Room Assistant to service our hotel bedrooms and public areas.
Experience of cleaning or housekeeping positions is desirable. Shifts are 9am-2pm.
Candidates need to be flexible as the work will include weekends, school holidays etc.
Currently we require someone for covering staff holidays so the amount of shifts will vary week to week will the possibility of leading to a set weekly contract dependent on the candidate and needs of the business.
Food and Beverage Assistant
This role includes waiting on tables in the restaurant, corporate and banqueting functions and bar work.
Candidates will need excellent English, be well presented, hard working and have experience in bar/restaurant work.
You must be over the age of 18 for this role due to licensing laws.