COVID-19 Policies & procedures
Hotel & Restaurant Safety Measures
For our hotel residents and day guests, we’ve considered the entire customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, whilst still giving you the outstanding ‘County’ experience we’re known for.
We have been working hard behind the scenes and screens! to reopen to the public in a safe way for both you and the team
While we have made every effort to provide accurate and up to date information on our website, the law is constantly changing and affects each person or business in different ways.
The information contained within this website is no substitute for specific advice and we will not accept liability if you rely solely on information from the website.
It is important that you read this page as it contains important information regarding accessing our website.
By accessing this website you agree to the terms and conditions
You can keep up to date at gov.uk/coronavirus & https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/the-visitor-economy
The following procedures are for your peace of mind prior to your stay however, our management team will be happy to talk to you if you have any further concerns or questions.
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough, and loss of taste and smell. Find out more
- We strongly recommend that you download the government-approved track and tracing app to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
- Payment will be required for your stay prior to your arrival. This is to reduce contact time with the reception and to speed the check-in process.
- We suggest that you download the NHS COVID-19 App prior to your arrival to speed the service. https://www.nhs.uk/apps-library/nhs-covid-19/
2. Arrival & check-in
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough, and a loss of taste and smell. Find out more.
- Customers in hospitality venues are encouraged to wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Staff in hospitality and retail will now also be encouraged to wear face coverings. People who are already exempt from the existing face-covering obligations, such as because of an underlying health condition, will continue to be exempt from these new obligations.
- If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay, simply dial 0 from the phone in your room.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at all entry and exits, all customers will be required to sanitise before entering the hotel.
- Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience, note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash.
- The reception area has screens installed around the reception desk, please wait for the reception desk to become free before you approach the desk and stand in front of the screen when checking in.
- All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day. We are increasing our housekeeping teams to deliver peace of mind.
- If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
- Please ensure you register your car registration with our PARKING EYE terminals.
- Customers must 'check-in' via the NHS QR code provided in the Hotel, Restaurant and/or Bar. Along with the normal hotel registration.
3. Common areas
- We have heightened and enhanced our cleaning procedures to include extensive cleaning of shared surfaces throughout the day
- We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you use these when entering the hotel.
- We have equipped our customer toilets with sanitising hand wash at the basins, as well as contact-free hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
- To avoid overcrowding and unnecessary contact we ask that guests who are staying with us - where possible - use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
- Signage has been put in place with guidance on usage of our lift. You are welcome to use the lifts and we’ll ensure they are regularly sanitised. We ask that they are occupied by only one family group at a time.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of 1+metres between yourself and other guests. We have put in place floor markings and guidance signage throughout the hotel to assist.
- Our reception area has a Hextio Advanced Air Purifier & Air Steriliser operating
- Customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Staff in hospitality and retail are encouraged to wear face coverings. People who are already exempt from the existing face-covering obligations, such as because of an underlying health condition, will continue to be exempt from these new obligations.
4. Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Guests will be provided with a bar of soap in all our bedrooms for you to use, as well as an information guide on best practices for staying safe during your stay with us.
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised and Ozone air sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture are sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linen and towels are professionally washed on high heat, with added sanitisation. Slippers and all consumables are replaced before each stay.
- All printed material have been removed from your room to avoid cross-contamination.
- Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
- Daily servicing by our housekeeping team will only be available upon request, should you require this service, rooms will need to be vacant and personal items including toiletries stowed away.
- After each stay the team will carry out an Ozone treatment of the room: which will deodorise and sterilise the space from any odors, mold, bacteria and viruses.
- Bedrooms will be checked with a UV light to ensure cleanliness of the rooms.
5. Food & drink
Both our Samphire Restaurant and Rainsford Bar are open to residents and non-residents. We are asking guests to pre-book a table via BOOK HERE as spaces are limited due to social distancing and fewer tables are available.
Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings in any indoor space. Customers can only remove their face covering indoors when seated and either drinking or eating food.
As we serve alcohol, table service will be required in both all areas. Even if no alcohol is ordered, this means customers must order, be served and eat/drink while seated.
We provide adequate ventilation where possible. This means supplying fresh air to enclosed spaces where people are present. This can be natural ventilation through windows, doors and vents, mechanical ventilation using fans and ducts, or a combination of both.
we have lowered our music and other background noise. to help prevent shouting, singing and dancing in the public areas.
- You will be able to access your bill via a link that will be emailed to you, or a printed room bill will be placed under your door early on the morning of check out.
- To check out, all you need to do is drop your key in a black post box opposite reception, for these to be sanitised and we will automatically take payment for any extras using the debit or credit card details we hold on file, should you have any queries in relation to your bill, please call and speak to our reception team by dialling 0 from your room.
- If you did not book directly with the hotel, you will need to supply an email address to the reception team, if you require a copy of your bill.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before leaving the hotel.
7. Business Meetings
- All attendees including trainers and delegates are advised to track and trace on arrival each day with the NHS COVID-19 App - Click Here We suggest this be installed before arrival.
- Where possible 1+metre social distancing must be observed
- On entry to the hotel and in all hotel public areas, a face mask are encouraged to be worn. This includes when leaving the meeting room and going to the toilet or another area of the hotel.
- Where possible delegates are asked to wear a face mask during the meeting. Please check with the meeting organiser for their own COVID-19 Risk assessment.
- Meeting attendees are reminded to wash hands regularly or use hand sanitiser when not possible.
- Any music to be kept to the background, to reduce the need to increase the volume of speaking when in a meeting.
- Delegates are asked to reduce the need for moving around the meeting room and observe social distancing.
- Breaks are to be taken outside or kept within the meeting room and reduce the mingling time around the inside of public areas or corridors or foyers. Social distancing is to be maintained in these areas too.
- Before re-entering the meeting room, hands are to be washed or hand sanitiser is to be used.
- Any personal waste is to be disposed of by the individual in the waste bins provided.
Our people: training, hygiene and protection
- We will have daily conversations with all our dedicated team to ensure they are well and able to come to work. If a member of staff shows symptoms, they will be required to leave work as soon as possible and stay at home and will be required to self-isolate for 10 days prior to returning to work.
- We are committed to ensuring all our staff are thoroughly trained and feel confident and reassured about the new safe operating procedures.
- Gloves and face masks/shields will not be mandatory for staff other than for specific situations and so will be worn by staff according to the nature of their role and, as far as possible, to their personal preference
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points back of house for the teams to use.
- The management team are keeping up to date with any changes to government guidelines, this document is subject to change to ensure your safety.
*Please note: Subject to the latest guidelines we will be constantly reviewing our processes and precautions. This guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information.