COVID-19 Policies & procedures
Hotel & Restaurant Safety Measures
For our hotel residents and day guests, we’ve considered the entire customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, whilst still giving you the outstanding ‘County’ experience we’re known for.
We have been working hard behind the scenes and screens! to reopen to the public in a safe way for both you and the team
The following procedures are for your peace of mind prior to your stay however, our management team will be happy to talk to you if you have any further concerns or questions.
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough, and loss of taste and smell. Find out more
- We strongly recommend that you download the government-approved track and tracing app to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
- Payment will be required for your stay prior to your arrival. This is to reduce contact time with the reception and to speed the check-in process.
2. Arrival & check-in
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough, and a loss of taste and smell. Find out more.
- We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines, we have in place to protect you and our teams. Any guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
- If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay, simply dial 0 from the phone in your room.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at all entry and exits, all customers will be required to sanitise before entering the hotel.
- Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience, note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash.
- The reception area has screens installed around the reception desk, please wait for the reception desk to become free before you approach the desk and stand in front of the screen when checking in.
- All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day. We are increasing our housekeeping teams to deliver peace of mind.
- If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
- Please ensure you register your car registration with our PARKING EYE terminals.
3. Common areas
- We have heightened and enhanced our cleaning procedures to include extensive cleaning of shared surfaces throughout the day
- We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you use these when entering the hotel.
- We have equipped our customer toilets with sanitising hand wash at the basins, as well as contact-free hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
- To avoid overcrowding and unnecessary contact we ask that guests who are staying with us - where possible - use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
- Signage has been put in place with guidance on usage of our lift. You are welcome to use the lifts and we’ll ensure they are regularly sanitised. We ask that they are occupied by only one family group at a time.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of 2 metres between yourself and other guests. We have put in place floor markings and guidance signage throughout the hotel to assist.
- Our reception area has a Hextio Advanced Air Purifier & Air Steriliser operating
- UPDATE FROM 8th AUGUST 2020 Face Masks MUST be worn by guests in ALL public and common areas by law. Unless a medical exemption is given. www.gov.uk/guidance/31-july-announcement
4. Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Guests will be provided with a bar of soap in all our bedrooms for you to use, as well as an information guide on best practices for staying safe during your stay with us.
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised and Ozone air sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture are sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linen and towels are professionally washed on high heat, with added sanitisation. Slippers and all consumables are replaced before each stay.
- All printed material have been removed from your room to avoid cross-contamination.
- Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
- Daily servicing by our housekeeping team will only be available upon request, should you require this service, rooms will need to be vacant and personal items including toiletries stowed away.
- After each stay the team will carry out an Ozone treatment of the room: which will deodorise and sterilise the space from any odors, mold, bacteria and viruses.
- Bedrooms will be checked with a UV light to ensure cleanliness of the rooms.
5. Food & drink
- When you stay with us you can dine in your room or, where guidance and regulations permit, in the designated dining areas. Evening dining times will be agreed with you during your guest relation call prior to arrival, we respectfully request that guests endeavour to adhere to times to ensure flow and guest safety at all times.
- We have extended our dining spaces and are utilising all public areas to ensure all diners are a minimum of 2 metres apart.
- If you are not staying with us you can still dine with us. All that we ask is that you book your table in advance. (subject to availability) via this link Book a Table
- We will be offering an à la carte breakfast for you to enjoy during your stay. To manage social distancing, we will agree dining times in your pre-arrival.
- At present buffets are not permitted in accordance with government guidelines however our teams will continue to monitor this situation
- To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar instead, we will offer a full table service throughout the hotel's bar and restaurant.
- We have created separate entry and exit points to our restaurant, limiting contact and maintaining a social distance between all guests and our teams.
- We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- We have equipped our bathrooms with sanitising hand wash at the basins, contact-free hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry and exit points to use and should be used every time you enter or exit dining areas.
- We will only be accepting credit and debit cards at this time.
- Table's will be for a maximum of 6 people from Monday 14th September as per government restrictions.
- Customers are required by law to provide their true information to the hotel for track and trace - This will be kept for 21 days unless you give permission for marketing.
- You will be able to access your bill via a link that will be emailed to you, or a printed room bill will be placed under your door early on the morning of check out.
- To check out, all you need to do is drop your key in a black post box opposite reception, for these to be sanitised and we will automatically take payment for any extras using the debit or credit card details we hold on file, should you have any queries in relation to your bill, please call and speak to our reception team by dialling 0 from your room.
- If you did not book directly with the hotel, you will need to supply an email address to the reception team, if you require a copy of your bill.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before leaving the hotel.
Our people: training, hygiene and protection
- We will have daily conversations with all our dedicated team to ensure they are well and able to come to work. If a member of staff shows symptoms, they will be required to leave work as soon as possible and stay at home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- We are committed to ensuring all our staff are thoroughly trained and feel confident and reassured about the new safe operating procedures.
- Gloves and face masks/shields will not be mandatory for staff other than for specific situations and so will be worn by staff according to the nature of their role and, as far as possible, to their personal preference
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points back of house for the teams to use.
- The management team are keeping up to date with any changes to government guidelines, this document is subject to change to ensure your safety.
*Please note: Subject to the latest guidelines we will be constantly reviewing our processes and precautions. This guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information.